Sharp Memorial Hospital
We are currently accepting applications for adult and high school students that are graduating class of 2024 or class of 2025. We do not offer summer-only opportunities for any volunteer position. Please review the requirements page for more details before you complete the application.
Requirements for adult volunteers.
- Dedicate a minimum of 100 hours of volunteer service
- Commit to at least one shift per week for the same day, time and length (usually two to four hours
- Attend a 55-minute online volunteer information session and participate in ongoing training
- Purchase a $25 to $35 uniform top and scrub pants (not available for purchase at the Volunteer Office)
- Complete a health screening, including providing vaccination records and proof of COVID-19 immunization. Currently, COVID-19 booster shots and flu shots are available.
If your application is accepted, you will be invited to register for an information session. Attendance at this session is a requirement within the selection process. After the session, you can sign up for an interview.
If you are invited to join our team after your interview, you will need to complete a health screening before your volunteer position begins.
Requirements for high school volunteers.
We are currently accepting applications for high school students that are graduating class of 2024 or class of 2025. We do not offer summer-only opportunities for any volunteer position. Please review the requirements page for more details before you complete the application. Please review the requirements below for more details before completing the application.
Please review the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 3.25 (unweighted) and no D's within the last year
- Must provide official grade transcript for last two full semesters
- Must be at least 15 years old
- Commit to a minimum of 100 hours of service with three-hour shifts scheduled the same day, time and one shift per week; maintain an attendance rate of 80% or higher
- Attend a 55-minute online volunteer program information session
- New volunteers start in as guest ambassador positions or upscale boutiques and can possibly earn transfers into nursing units
- Participate in ongoing training
- Purchase a $25 to $35 uniform top, and scrub pants
- Complete a health screening, including providing your vaccination records
Find out more.
For more information about our volunteer program, please read our frequently asked questions. If you have more questions, please call us at the number below or send us an email. We are not able to accept court-ordered service applications.
Sharp Memorial Hospital Volunteer Services
San Diego, CA 92123
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
Dr. Matthew Schultzel
"The Sharp Experience means family-centered care, superior technology and exceptional outcomes."
Dr. Croix Fossum
Dr. Aaron Smith
"The Sharp Experience entails not just the treatment of a disease, but the entirety of a patient's experience from the moment they walk through the office door."
Dr. Jeremy Hogan
"I treat patients as I would want a physician to treat my own friend or family member."
Dr. Kimia Menhaji
"The Sharp Experience is providing excellent care to each patient using evidence-based medicine, and the best surgical techniques in a caring environment and state of the art facilities."
Dr. Brent Rathbun
"My goal is to empower patients to improve their health so they can take advantage of all the things life has to offer."
Dr. Steven Rough
"My greatest pride is when I see a patient in my office and they tell me they’re doing better than before."