Sharp Memorial Hospital
Volunteer Opportunities at Sharp Memorial Hospital
It feels good to give back.
Make a difference in the lives of others when you volunteer at Sharp. We offer many ways for you to contribute your time, energy and skills.
As a Sharp volunteer, you will give back to the community and meet new people. Other benefits include learning and career exploration, health care-related college scholarship opportunities, recognition events and a $6 cafeteria meal credit during each shift.
We make it easy and flexible to schedule your volunteer hours. All of our clinical departments utilize a live, cloud-based scheduling program that's accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Choose the opportunity that speaks to you.
Whether it's sharing your creative talents in our Arts for Healing Program, helping out in upscale boutiques or assisting guests at our concierge desk, we will work with you to meet your needs and desires. Here are a few more examples of available opportunities:
- Clerical (no weekend or evening shifts)
- Clinical procedural departments
- Emergency department
- Lobby guest ambassador
- Integrative healing therapies (comfort hand massage, healing music, Healing Touch, pet therapy and reiki)
- Nursing units
- Occupational and physical therapy (multiple therapy opportunities available Monday through Saturday, no evening shifts)
- Pharmacy (limited, and primarily clerical)
- Preoperative and postoperative areas
- Upscale boutiques
For more information, please read:
Ready to apply?
If you have any questions or would like to learn more, please call us or send us an email.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"Patients are satisfied when they receive top-quality care for a broad range of medical problems."
"The Sharp Experience for me is about keeping people healthy so they can do what they love and enjoy a fulfilling life."