Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
Community Re-Entry Program
Sharp HealthCare's Community Re-Entry Program provides specialized outpatient rehabilitation programs for individuals recovering from brain injury related to an accident, illness or stroke. These programs are specifically designed to develop and integrate the skills that enable individuals to successfully return to home, school and the community.
This comprehensive program offers a transdisciplinary team, which is utilized to identify and address each client's unique physical, cognitive, functional and social barriers. The program includes:
- Case management and monthly case conference with family
- Individual therapy (OT/PT/SP) and group sessions
- Neuropsychological services
- Patient and family education
- Psychosocial support for patient and family
- Treatment provided three to six hours per day, three to five days per week
- Weekly communication with referral sources
- Weekly rounds with team
Community re-entry team members.
- Case manager
- Clinical psychologist
- Nutrition counselor
- Occupational and physical therapists
- Rehabilitation engineer
- Rehabilitation nurse
- Social worker
- Speech pathologist
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in physical medicine/rehab in San Diego.
"I respect the body's innate healing ability and each patient's role in selecting the direction of care."
"Sharp is synonymous with San Diego, and that means I will treat you just as I would my own next-door neighbor."