Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
Community Re-Entry Program
Sharp HealthCare's Community Re-Entry Program provides specialized outpatient rehabilitation programs for individuals recovering from brain injury related to an accident, illness, stroke or COVID-19. These programs are specifically designed to develop and integrate the skills that enable individuals to successfully return to home, school and the community.
This comprehensive program offers a transdisciplinary team, which is utilized to identify and address each client's unique physical, cognitive, functional and social barriers. The program includes:
- Case management and monthly case conference with family
- Individual therapy (OT/PT/SP) and group sessions
- Neuropsychological services
- Patient and family education
- Psychosocial support for patient and family
- Treatment provided three to six hours per day, three to five days per week
- Weekly communication with referral sources
- Weekly rounds with team
Community re-entry team members.
- Case manager
- Clinical psychologist
- Nutrition counselor
- Occupational and physical therapists
- Rehabilitation engineer
- Rehabilitation nurse
- Social worker
- Speech pathologist
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in physical medicine/rehab in San Diego.
"I respect the body's innate healing ability and each patient's role in selecting the direction of care."