Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
For patients with upper extremity injuries.
The Sharp Hand Therapy Program helps patients regain maximum use of their hand or other upper extremity following injury, surgery or the onset of disease. The treatment team consists of certified hand therapists (who receive additional training in hand therapy), occupational therapists and physical therapists.
Patients are referred to the Sharp Hand Therapy Program for the following reasons:
- Burn-related injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Joint replacements
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Rheumatoid and osteoarthritis
- Soft tissue injuries
- Sports injuries
- Tendon and nerve repairs
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Traumatic injuries
- Work-related injuries
- Wrist and other upper extremity joint injuries
Hand rehabilitation services.
- Custom orthotic devices, including dynamic, static and protective splints
- Dexterity training
- Ergonomic and workstation evaluation
- Hand function assessment
- Individualized treatments and home exercise programs
- Modalities (heat, cold, electric stimulation, whirlpool)
- Patient education
- Scar management
- Sensory re-education
- Soft tissue massage
- Therapeutic exercises
- Wound management
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in physical medicine/rehab in San Diego.
"I help my patients negotiate through diagnostic and treatment algorithms to reach their ultimate goal."
"I respect the body's innate healing ability and each patient's role in selecting the direction of care."
"Sharp is synonymous with San Diego, and that means I will treat you just as I would my own next-door neighbor."