San Diego Gastroenterology and Liver Health
Expert treatment for liver, pancreas and digestive conditions.
At Sharp HealthCare, our board-certified gastroenterology and hepatology doctors use advanced technology and proven therapies to ensure the best personalized care for patients experiencing conditions that affect the gastrointestinal (GI) system, including the liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts. From Crohn’s disease to liver disease, gallstones to ulcers, our multidisciplinary team of experts treat all forms of acute and chronic illnesses to help improve your quality of life.
Liver and digestive conditions we treat.
We use a comprehensive and compassionate approach to care for a range of conditions, including:
- Advanced polyp removal
- Barrett's esophagus
- Colorectal cancer
- Crohn’s disease
- Esophageal reflux or GERD
- Gallbladder and bile duct diseases
- Gallstones and bile duct stones
- Liver cancer
- Liver diseases such as cirrhosis and hepatitis
- Pancreatic cancer
- Pancreatic disease also called pancreatitis
Advanced technology and treatment options for gastrointestinal disorders and liver conditions.
At Sharp, we offer a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient treatments ranging from general surgery for liver scarring to minimally invasive procedures for cancer treatment.
- Cancer treatment for the liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts
- Endoscopic surgery
- Endoscopy and advanced endoscopy procedures
- Esophageal dilation
- Liver failure management
- General surgery for conditions such as liver damage, pancreatitis
- Liver transplant, including pre- and post-liver transplantation
- Pancreas transplant
- Robotic-assisted surgery for gallbladder and abdominal procedures
- Tumor treatment and removal
Through the Sharp Center for Research, we also offer clinical trials for patients to find new, improved treatments.
A new way to treat liver tumors
Chris successfully underwent surgery and chemotherapy for colon cancer. However, during a follow-up appointment, a 2.5 cm tumor was discovered in his liver. The small size of the tumor made him the perfect candidate for a minimally invasive process that destroys tumors without the need for open surgery.
Discover our liver and digestive health stories.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View San Diego doctors.
"The Sharp Experience is a comprehensive and holistic approach to health care that emphasizes excellence, compassion and the patient experience while delivering optimal, evidence-based medicine."
"The Sharp Experience provides me the opportunity to fulfill my mission to help patients."
"The Sharp Experience provides personalized medical care to ensure that the patient is treated as a whole."
- Bariatric surgery
- Bariatric surgery seminars
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- Community events
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- Covered California
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Online education programs
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp employee online education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp Training Center
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process your price estimate if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.