San Diego Robotic Gynecologic Surgery
When medication and noninvasive procedures are unable to relieve patients' symptoms, surgery remains the accepted and most effective treatment.
Robotic surgery uses state-of-the-art technology that allows the surgeon's hand movements to translate into extremely precise movements within the operative site. The magnified, three-dimensional view and small, robotic instruments enhance the surgeon's ability to perform complex procedures through small incisions.
Among the many benefits of robotic surgery compared to traditional gynecologic surgery are a faster recovery and return to normal activities, less pain, less scarring and a shorter hospital stay.
Why choose Sharp for robotic gynecologic surgery?
- Physicians at Sharp use the da Vinci® surgical system to assist in performing minimally invasive procedures; the da Vinci system is one of the most advanced of its kind
- Sharp has the most da Vinci-trained affiliated physicians in San Diego
- Surgeons across specialties are highly-trained and experienced in robotic surgery and committed to optimal outcomes
Conditions we treat with robotic gynecologic surgery.
Sharp's affiliated physicians use the da Vinci® surgical system to perform many procedures to treat many women's gynecologic conditions, including:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding (menorrhagia)
- Cervical dysplasia and cancer
- Endometriosis and associated pelvic pain
- Uterine and vaginal prolapse (sacrocolpopexy)
- Uterine fibroids/tumors (leiomyoma)
- Uterine cancer
Medical treatment with robotic gynecologic surgery.
Using state-of-the-art robotic surgery, Sharp's affiliated reproductive endocrinologists/infertility specialists and gynecologic oncologists perform the following procedures:
- Endometriosis and associated pelvic pain
- Removal of ovaries and some ovarian tumors
- Removal of uterine fibroids (myomectomy)
- Removal of uterus (hysterectomy)
- Resection of other pelvic tumors
- Treatment of uterine and vaginal prolapse (sacrocolpopexy)
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"The Sharp Experience means providing the best care possible with the best attitude."
"The Sharp Experience means getting the best and most personal treatment, every time."
"Sharp provides a great environment, caring staff and excellent support to take the best care of my patients."
"I am a firm believer in a holistic, integrative approach to cancer treatment and prevention."
"I believe the Sharp system embodies what it means to provide truly patient-centered health care."
"The Sharp Experience means providing excellent patient care that cannot be obtained anywhere else in San Diego."
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- Community events
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- CPR and first aid
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Online education programs
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp Coronado employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp employee online education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp Training Center
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process your price estimate if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.