San Diego Robotic Gynecologic Surgery
When medication and noninvasive procedures are unable to relieve patients' symptoms, surgery remains the accepted and most effective treatment.
Robotic surgery uses state-of-the-art technology that allows the surgeon's hand movements to translate into extremely precise movements within the operative site. The magnified, three-dimensional view and small, robotic instruments enhance the surgeon's ability to perform complex procedures through small incisions.
Among the many benefits of robotic surgery compared to traditional gynecologic surgery are a faster recovery and return to normal activities, less pain, less scarring and a shorter hospital stay.
Why choose Sharp for robotic gynecologic surgery?
- Physicians at Sharp use the da Vinci® surgical system to assist in performing minimally invasive procedures; the da Vinci system is one of the most advanced of its kind
- Sharp has the most da Vinci-trained affiliated physicians in San Diego
- Surgeons across specialties are highly-trained and experienced in robotic surgery and committed to optimal outcomes
Conditions we treat with robotic gynecologic surgery.
Sharp's affiliated physicians use the da Vinci® surgical system to perform many procedures to treat many women's gynecologic conditions, including:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding (menorrhagia)
- Cervical dysplasia and cancer
- Endometriosis and associated pelvic pain
- Uterine and vaginal prolapse (sacrocolpopexy)
- Uterine fibroids/tumors (leiomyoma)
- Uterine cancer
Medical treatment with robotic gynecologic surgery.
Using state-of-the-art robotic surgery, Sharp's affiliated reproductive endocrinologists/infertility specialists and gynecologic oncologists perform the following procedures:
- Endometriosis and associated pelvic pain
- Removal of ovaries and some ovarian tumors
- Removal of uterine fibroids (myomectomy)
- Removal of uterus (hysterectomy)
- Resection of other pelvic tumors
- Treatment of uterine and vaginal prolapse (sacrocolpopexy)
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
Dr. Hernan Goldsztein
"I believe that dignity, compassion and respect are the cornerstones of clinical quality."
Dr. Arvin Saluta
"Along with the present condition, I am concerned and enthusiastic about helping the whole person achieve wellness."
Dr. Ariella Goldblatt
"The Sharp Experience means offering the highest quality, compassionate, evidence-based care to all. "
Dr. Kim Ann Dang
"The Sharp Experience means having a team behind you to help champion your health."
Dr. Ronald Mathiasen
"I strive to provide friendly, compassionate care to my patients in a way I would want to be treated."
Dr. Bryan Abramowitz
"I aim to provide high quality medical care in a respectable, efficient and friendly manner."
Dr. Suhail Zavaro
"I will deliver the best care in the most efficient way, and strive for happy and satisfied patients."
- Bariatric surgery
- Bariatric surgery seminars
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- Community events
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Online education programs
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Robotic surgery
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp employee online education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp Training Center
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- View category descriptions
Contact Sharp HealthCare
Call 1-800-827-4277 or view our detailed phone directory.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room.
Please do not use this form to convey personal or medical information.
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process your price estimate if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.