Weight-Loss Surgery Patient Information
Thinking about weight-loss surgery at Sharp? Below is some general information on bariatrics surgery including frequently asked questions, support groups, what to expect during your hospital stay and life after surgery.
Resources for you.
- During your hospital stay
- Frequently asked questions about gastric bypass surgery
- Frequently asked questions about lap-band surgery
- Frequently asked questions about vertical sleeve gastrectomy
- Life after weight-loss surgery
- Paying for weight-loss surgery
- Plastic surgery after procedure
- Preparing for weight-loss surgery
Seminars and support groups to help you.
- Free bariatric surgery informational seminar
- Free bariatric surgery support groups (pre- and post-op)
PDF forms you can use.
Patient Database - Sharp HealthCare
Used by the preadmission anesthesia evaluation service (PAES) team to go over anesthesia risks with patient.
Patient Information for Medical Records - Sharp Memorial
Used by the surgeon's office as their main information sheet about a patient.
The first step in obtaining weight-loss surgery at Sharp is to attend one of our free educational seminars. These seminars provide information about the surgery, other treatment options, program requirements, lifestyle changes, risks, potential complications and benefits. To sign up for a free bariatric surgery informational seminar, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or register online.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in general surgery - bariatric surgery in San Diego.