Weight-Loss Surgery Patient Information
Thinking about weight-loss surgery at Sharp? Below, you'll find general information on bariatrics surgery including frequently asked questions, support groups and educational seminars.
Resources for you.
- Frequently asked questions about gastric bypass surgery
- Frequently asked questions about lap-band surgery
- Frequently asked questions about vertical sleeve gastrectomy
- Paying for weight-loss surgery
Seminars and support groups to help you.
- Free bariatric surgery informational seminar
- Free bariatric surgery support groups (pre- and post-op)
PDF forms you can use.
Patient Database - Sharp HealthCare
Used by the preadmission anesthesia evaluation service (PAES) team to go over anesthesia risks with patients.
Patient Information for Medical Records - Sharp Memorial
Used by the surgeon's office as their main information sheet about a patient.
The first step in obtaining weight-loss surgery at Sharp is to attend one of our free educational seminars. These seminars provide information about the surgery, other treatment options, program requirements, lifestyle changes, risks, potential complications and benefits. To sign up for a free bariatric surgery informational seminar, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or register online.