Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
All in-person prenatal classes, hospital tours and outpatient support groups at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns, and Sharp Grossmont Hospital are canceled until further notice. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak with health officials at all levels to determine when in-person events can resume.
In the meantime, we are offering many classes via a live webinar. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to focus on the health and safety of our patients, staff, caregivers and community.
Helping to heal our littlest patients.
We know how overwhelming parenting can be, and especially if your baby was born premature or with complications. That's why we designed our neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) to provide the highest level of care for our littlest patients who need special attention.
Our dedicated nurses and expert physicians will support your family every step of the way and help your little one get the best possible start in life.
We're here when you — and your baby — need us most.
- A Level III NICU offering care for up to 24 infants at a time including specialized medical care and the ability to care for ventilator-dependent babies
- A family-centered environment that allows parents and family members to play an integral role in decisions regarding baby's care
- Programs to promote and support exclusive breastfeeding and skin-to-skin time between mother and baby, as well as kangaroo care — techniques that encourage bonding, interaction and cuddling so parents can be close to baby
- Developmental care provided in the NICU designed to promote optimal growth for premature infants to support optimal brain development
- In special circumstances, a private room is available for parents and baby to stay together and actively care for the baby to assist in the transition from hospital to home when the time comes
- Secure online viewing through NICVIEW camera system to let families watch and bond with baby even if they're away
Our expert NICU team is here for you every step of the way.
We know it takes a village, and that's why at Sharp Grossmont our team is here to provide the extra-special attention your little one needs. We are doctors, nurses, lactation specialists, respiratory care practitioners, nutritionists, occupational and physical therapists, research specialists and social workers. And we're all working together alongside your family to help your baby heal and grow.
If you'd like to visit with us before your baby is born, please schedule a tour of Sharp Grossmont Hospital Women's Health Center. We'd love to see you.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital NICU
Moms bond over NICU experience at Sharp Grossmont Hospital.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in obstetrics/gynecology in San Diego.
"I work to provide patients with the opportunity to take an active role in their care with an individualized treatment plan."
"Nothing compares with the joy of assisting during the birth of a child. It's an honor to share such an important part of a patient's life."
"I feel that a harmonious partnership between doctor and patient is very important."
"My goal is to provide my patients with an exceptional experience by exceeding their expectations."
"I believe in working with the patient to find the best treatment options for each individual."
"My mission is to provide the newest technology and medical advances in female care."