Sharp Memorial Hospital
Pulmonary Care at Sharp Memorial Hospital
Sharp Memorial Hospital is proud to offer pulmonary services for adult patients of all ages. Our hospital-based inpatient department and outpatient clinic provide a broad range of treatment options for various lung and breathing conditions.
Lung and breathing conditions we treat
- Asbestos exposure, including mesothelioma
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic cough
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- COVID-recovery lung care
- Interstitial lung disease
- Long COVID-19
- Lung cancer
- Lung nodules
- Pleural effusion
- Pulmonary embolism
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Radiation pneumonitis
- Respiratory failure
- Shortness of breath
- Tracheotomy care
- Bullectomy — removal of large, abnormal air pockets inside the lung
- Chest computed tomography (CT) lung cancer screening
- CT-guided lung biopsy
- Decortications — removal of thick membrane covering the lung, which may affect breathing
- Endobronchial ultrasound
- Esophagectomy — removal of parts of the esophagus
- ION (robotic-assisted bronchoscopy)
- Linear accelerators
- Lung resection, including pneumonectomy, lobectomy, segmentectomy and wedge resections
- Mediastinoscopy — procedure to view and remove tissue from behind the breastbone
- Robotic bronchoscopy
- Robotic-assisted surgery
- Thoracentesis — removal of excess fluid between the lung and chest
- Thoracic lung surgery
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS)
Your expert team.
Sharp Memorial Hospital’s pulmonary team is led by Dr. Davies Wong, medical director and pulmonary disease specialist. The team includes a full suite of best-in-class experts, including thoracic and cardiovascular surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, radiologists, pulmonologists and critical care physicians.
Outpatient Pulmonary Clinic at Sharp Memorial Hospital.
Operated by Sharp Memorial Hospital’s Pulmonary Services Department, our Outpatient Pulmonary Clinic offers comprehensive, specialized care for patients diagnosed with common lung diseases and conditions. Our clinic’s goal is to identify treatable lung conditions early to mitigate disease progression with routine imaging, timely follow-up and close monitoring.
The clinic focuses on helping patients understand their lung cancer screenings, help manage lung nodules found on CT scans, as well as navigate diagnosis for chronic obstructive disease (COPD), asthma and long haul COVID-19 treatment. Our patient managers help guide patients through their personalized treatment process.
We’re here to support you.
Our pulmonary services utilize advanced technology and expertise to guide you through your care journey. We also provide unique prehabilitation and rehabilitation programs, such as our smoking cessation class, to assist you throughout your journey and help ensure you feel confident returning home.
Our doctors accept most insurance plans. We are currently located in Sharp Memorial Hospital.
Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion Pulmonary Clinic
San Diego, CA 92123
Explore Sharp Health News.
What does a nodule on my CT scan mean?
A lung nodule is a small abnormal area that is more dense than normal lung tissue.
Do you qualify for lung cancer screening?
Lung cancer is the No. 1 cause of cancer-related deaths in American men and women.
‘New frontier’ surgery for lung cancer
Robotic-assisted surgery minimizes risk to patients and improves outcomes.