Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
Benefits of Wound Care Treatment
Patients with many types of wounds can benefit from wound care treatment, including:
- Diabetic patients with a lower extremity wound of any duration. Early intervention of diabetic foot ulcers may prevent complications such as infection, hospitalization and amputation.
- Patients who have a wound that has not healed within the expected three- to four-week timeframe for acute wounds. These wounds may be traumatic, postoperative or of unknown etiology.
- Patients with an ostomy or fistula complication, like a leaking ostomy appliance, peristomal skin ulceration or peristomal hernia. Also, patients who require further postoperative ostomy instruction.
- Patients with a pressure ulcer. These patients often require specialized intervention and education on pressure reduction and use of medical devices.
- Patients with high-risk wounds associated with conditions such as chronic venous insufficiency, arterial insufficiency or immunosuppression.
- Patients with neuropathic wounds of any duration.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"I want to be able to make a difference in someone's life, even if it is small."
"My definition of a good doctor is giving the best medical care possible and being available when the patient needs you."
"The Sharp Experience means excellent health care from a highly professional, committed team."
"The Sharp Experience represents quality patient care delivered with compassion and respect."
"I try to create a comfortable environment to make each patient feel that they will be listened to."
"It is an honor to be a part of a health care organization that is committed to patient-centered care."
"I feel very fortunate to work at Sharp because of the organization’s commitment to the team-based care approach."
"I strive to do more than expected for my patients to receive the best care possible."
"I provide a top-notch team approach to delivering patient care with attention to comfort."