Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
Benefits of Wound Care Treatment
Patients with many types of wounds can benefit from wound care treatment, including:
- Diabetic patients with a lower extremity wound of any duration. Early intervention of diabetic foot ulcers may prevent complications such as infection, hospitalization and amputation.
- Patients who have a wound that has not healed within the expected three- to four-week timeframe for acute wounds. These wounds may be traumatic, postoperative or of unknown etiology.
- Patients with an ostomy or fistula complication, like a leaking ostomy appliance, peristomal skin ulceration or peristomal hernia. Also, patients who require further postoperative ostomy instruction.
- Patients with a pressure ulcer. These patients often require specialized intervention and education on pressure reduction and use of medical devices.
- Patients with high-risk wounds associated with conditions such as chronic venous insufficiency, arterial insufficiency or immunosuppression.
- Patients with neuropathic wounds of any duration.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"I work to monitor your health maintenance issues so that you can become a healthy 80-year-old."
"I am grateful to practice medicine for the opportunity to do what I truly love."
"My mission is to provide high-quality, personal health care to each and every patient."
"I provide a wide range of services for my patients with a great and caring staff."
"I strive to give medical service delivered with personal touch, care and compassion."
"The opportunity to improve the quality of lives makes this the best job in the world."
"I strive to be a patient advocate in a health system that is complicated and ever-changing."