Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
Wound Care Treatment Services
Advanced wound treatment options provided by expert staff.
Sharp's wound care services provide patients with tailored treatment plans that combine expert care with advanced technology. Plus, there are several benefits of wound care treatment.
Services and treatments offered by wound care include:
- Collaboration with an orthotist and pedorthist to determine appropriate footwear
- Education of the patient and family in the day-to-day care of the wound or ostomy
- Evaluation for other advanced modalities such as topical growth factors, bioengineered tissue replacements, wound VAC therapy, silver nitrate, cauterization and conservative sharp debridement
- Fitting for appropriate compression devices for patients with chronic venous insufficiency
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy available at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Referrals to other specialties like vascular surgery, orthopedics, physical therapy, nutrition counseling and home health
- Referral to physical therapy for modalities like electric stimulation, gait training or pulsed lavage
- Refitting or adjustment of ostomy appliance or treatment of peristomal skin complications
- Vascular assessments, including ankle-brachial index and transcutaneous oxygen measurements
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"My ability to be a good listener allows me to be a more compassionate physician."
"I strive to give medical service delivered with personal touch, care and compassion."
"I want to be able to make a difference in someone's life, even if it is small."
"The Sharp Experience signifies knowledge and caring for the betterment of the community."
"I provide service excellence, teaming with patients and family members and continuing to improve care overall."
"I treat my patients as I would family and dedicate my full time and attention that I feel they deserve."
"I am grateful to practice medicine for the opportunity to do what I truly love."