Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
Wound Care Treatment Services
Advanced wound treatment options provided by expert staff.
Sharp's wound care services provide patients with tailored treatment plans that combine expert care with advanced technology. Plus, there are several benefits of wound care treatment.
Services and treatments offered by wound care include:
- Collaboration with an orthotist and pedorthist to determine appropriate footwear
- Education of the patient and family in the day-to-day care of the wound or ostomy
- Evaluation for other advanced modalities such as topical growth factors, bioengineered tissue replacements, wound VAC therapy, silver nitrate, cauterization and conservative sharp debridement
- Fitting for appropriate compression devices for patients with chronic venous insufficiency
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy available at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Referrals to other specialties like vascular surgery, orthopedics, physical therapy, nutrition counseling and home health
- Referral to physical therapy for modalities like electric stimulation, gait training or pulsed lavage
- Refitting or adjustment of ostomy appliance or treatment of peristomal skin complications
- Vascular assessments, including ankle-brachial index and transcutaneous oxygen measurements
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"The Sharp Experience means treating every patient with respect and dignity as if they were a family member."
"I provide quality, personalized care focused on the best outcomes for each of my patients."
"I want to help patients by listening and working together toward optimal health."
"The Sharp Experience means providing the highest standards of medical care for every patient."
"I treat my patients as I would family and dedicate my full time and attention that I feel they deserve."
"It is an honor to work for a well-organized institution that provides physicians with the tools necessary for excellent patient care."
"My goal is to provide cost-effective, outstanding primary care in a professional and caring manner."
"My definition of a good doctor is giving the best medical care possible and being available when the patient needs you."