Chemical Dependency Services
A variety of recovery programs for treating alcoholism and drug addiction.
Chemical dependency is an illness affecting millions of men, women and children, regardless of age, ethnic group or social status. Dependence on alcohol, prescription medication or mood-altering illicit drugs produces disabling symptoms that progressively worsen over time, but chemical dependency is treatable.
At Sharp HealthCare, we understand that chemical dependency is a uniquely personal problem that requires individualized treatment. We provide a variety of services to help people acquire the tools to develop drug- and alcohol-free lifestyles. We also offer a number of treatment levels so that patients can choose the level that is most appropriate for them, including:
- Inpatient care for patients requiring 24-hour care in a hospital/residential setting
- Intensive outpatient care for patients who are able to attend three hours a day, three days per week for six weeks.
- Medication-assisted outpatient treatment to overcome dependency on alcohol or opioids.
- Partial hospitalization care for patients who require all day sessions at the hospital four to six hours a day, up to seven days a week
Our specialized staff provides the foundation for a lifelong program of recovery, and our programs encourage families to participate in their loved one's recovery.
Our chemical dependency programs.
Continuing care begins at discharge from either the inpatient, partial hospital or intensive outpatient programs. This program is designed to help newly recovering patients make a successful transition back to home, work and community. Program counselors lead weekly sessions helping patients work through ongoing recovery challenges, developing relapse prevention skills, and utilizing peer and other support services.
Inpatient support for a medically safe withdrawal from alcohol and/or drugs.
Dual-Diagnosis and Dual-Recovery Programs
Inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient dual recovery programs — at both Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital and Sharp Grossmont Hospital — designed to treat patients with co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse disorders.
Extended Residential Treatment Program
A supportive residential program for individuals who may benefit from inpatient treatment (for up to 30 days).
Family Education Program
Families and significant others of the recovering patient may attend Family Education groups while the patient is participating in treatment. Services include motivating lectures and support groups that focus on family dynamics, co-dependency and relapse prevention. Ongoing support services are available.
- Medication-assisted treatment
Under close supervision by a doctor and team of specialists, this outpatient program at Sharp McDonald Center involves the ongoing use of FDA-approved medications — alongside therapy — to sustain recovery from drug and alcohol use.
Structured inpatient and partial hospitalization programs that allow patients to actively participate in individual and group therapy, relapse prevention workshops, education sessions, 12-step and other support meetings including family counseling.
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego employees
- City of San Diego health & wellness workshops
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Kidney transplant
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Passport to Health City Employee Events
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Robotic surgery
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp Coronado employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Strength training
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- Yoga and pilates
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your Sharp Rees-Stealy account number
Find your Sharp hospital account number
Find your SharpCare account number