Heart and Vascular Care
Heart and Vascular Clinical Trials
Clinical trials for cardiac patients.
Sharp offers numerous heart-related clinical trials. These trials are vital to finding and advancing heart treatment options and play a key role in saving the lives of more heart patients.
Research improves lives.
We are currently involved in studies covering the following:
- Coronary artery blockage angioplasty and stenting treatment
- Cardiac medications, such as blood thinners or anticoagulants and their reversal agents
- Use of technology for early detection of subclinical atrial fibrillation/atrial tachyarrhythmia and device malfunction on patients with cardiac implantable electronic devices
- Medication alternatives for the prevention of atrial fibrillation-related strokes
- Nonsurgical treatment options for aortic stenosis
- Use of innovative device to help in the management of heart failure
Enroll in an active cardiac clinical trial.
- NCT02389946 - coronary artery disease, atherosclerosis, coronary myocardial ischemia, ischemic heart disease, acute coronary syndrome, angina pectoris; sponsored by Biotronik, Inc., study on Orsiro Sirolimus Eluting Coronary Stent System
- NCT02290028 - heart failure; sponsored by Biotronik, Inc., study on Sentus Quadripolar leads (OTW QP L and Sentus OTW QP S) in patients with CRT-D indication
- NCT03155724 – heart failure; sponsored by Biotronik, Inc., study on multipole pacing in CRT non-responders
- NCT03218787 – coronary artery lesion, Dual Antiplatelet Therapy (DAPT); sponsored by Abbott Medical Devices, study on DAPT after XIENCE stent implantation for high bleed risk patients
- NCT02627196 – heart failure, baroreceptors, Baroreflex; sponsored by CVRx, Inc., study on Baroreflex Activation Therapy in patients with heart failure
Learn more about cardiac clinical trials.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in heart care in San Diego.
"The best outcomes result from open communication between the physician and patient."
"The Sharp Experience means a great medical community that puts the patient first."
"I am honored to serve as President of Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group where my colleagues and I strive to provide excellent care and always put the patient first."
"The Sharp Experience for me is about keeping people healthy so they can do what they love and enjoy a fulfilling life."
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego health & wellness workshops
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Online education programs
- Pain management
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Robotic surgery
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp Coronado employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp employee online education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- Yoga and pilates
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process your price estimate if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.