Heart and Vascular Care
Heart and Vascular Clinical Trials
Clinical trials for cardiac patients.
Sharp offers numerous heart-related clinical trials. These trials are vital to finding and advancing heart treatment options and play a key role in saving the lives of more heart patients.
Research improves lives.
We are currently involved in studies covering the following:
- Coronary artery blockage angioplasty and stenting treatment
- Cardiac medications, such as blood thinners or anticoagulants and their reversal agents
- Use of technology for early detection of subclinical atrial fibrillation/atrial tachyarrhythmia and device malfunction on patients with cardiac implantable electronic devices
- Medication alternatives for the prevention of atrial fibrillation-related strokes
- Nonsurgical treatment options for aortic stenosis
- Use of innovative device to help in the management of heart failure
Enroll in an active cardiac clinical trial.
- NCT02389946 - coronary artery disease, atherosclerosis, coronary myocardial ischemia, ischemic heart disease, acute coronary syndrome, angina pectoris; sponsored by Biotronik, Inc., study on Orsiro Sirolimus Eluting Coronary Stent System
- NCT02290028 - heart failure; sponsored by Biotronik, Inc., study on Sentus Quadripolar leads (OTW QP L and Sentus OTW QP S) in patients with CRT-D indication
- NCT03155724 – heart failure; sponsored by Biotronik, Inc., study on multipole pacing in CRT non-responders
- NCT03218787 – coronary artery lesion, Dual Antiplatelet Therapy (DAPT); sponsored by Abbott Medical Devices, study on DAPT after XIENCE stent implantation for high bleed risk patients
- NCT02627196 – heart failure, baroreceptors, Baroreflex; sponsored by CVRx, Inc., study on Baroreflex Activation Therapy in patients with heart failure
Learn more about cardiac clinical trials.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in heart care in San Diego.
"The Sharp Experience to me is about caring for each patient with the goal of promoting a healthy lifestyle."
"I will deliver the best care in the most efficient way, and strive for happy and satisfied patients."
"My greatest pleasure comes from the personal interaction I have with patients and their families."
"I deliver excellent and compassionate care to the center of my attention — the patient."
"I am dedicated to providing complete, high quality and personalized medical care for my patients."
"I believe in providing quality care in a transparent way through a strong doctor-patient relationship."
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego employees
- City of San Diego health & wellness workshops
- Community events
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- Covered California
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Online education programs
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Passport to Health City Employee Events
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp Coronado employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp employee online education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- Yoga and pilates
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process hospital price estimates if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
To learn more, call us at 858-499-5901.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.