Heart and Vascular Care
Heart and Vascular Clinical Trials
Clinical trials for cardiac patients.
Sharp offers numerous heart-related clinical trials. These trials are vital to finding and advancing heart treatment options and play a key role in saving the lives of more heart patients.
Research improves lives.
We are currently involved in studies covering the following:
- Coronary artery blockage angioplasty and stenting treatment
- Cardiac medications, such as blood thinners or anticoagulants and their reversal agents
- Use of technology for early detection of subclinical atrial fibrillation/atrial tachyarrhythmia and device malfunction on patients with cardiac implantable electronic devices
- Medication alternatives for the prevention of atrial fibrillation-related strokes
- Nonsurgical treatment options for aortic stenosis
- Use of innovative device to help in the management of heart failure
Enroll in an active cardiac clinical trial.
- NCT05003843 - deep vein thrombosis (DVT); sponsored by Penumbra, Inc., study of the Indigo Aspiration System when used in patients with deep vein thrombosis
- NCT04798261 - pulmonary embolism; sponsored by Penumbra, Inc., study of the long-term safety and outcomes of treating pulmonary embolism with the Indigo Aspiration System
Learn more about cardiac clinical trials.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in heart care in San Diego.
"I believe that exceptional patient care stems from mutual trust and open communication."
"The Sharp Experience to me is about caring for each patient with the goal of promoting a healthy lifestyle."
"The Sharp Experience signifies a collaborative environment committed to patient-centered care."
"I provide cutting-edge, compassionate care and treat patients as I would my own family."
"The Sharp Experience for me is about keeping people healthy so they can do what they love and enjoy a fulfilling life."
"The Sharp Experience means a system that delivers a patient-centered precision and top quality medical care to our patients."
- Bariatric surgery
- Bariatric surgery seminars
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- Community events
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- Covered California
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Online education programs
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp employee online education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp Training Center
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process your price estimate if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.