Heart and Vascular Care
Heart and Vascular Clinical Trials
Clinical trials for cardiac patients.
Sharp offers numerous heart-related clinical trials. These trials are vital to finding and advancing heart treatment options and play a key role in saving the lives of more heart patients.
Research improves lives.
We are currently involved in studies covering the following:
- Coronary artery blockage angioplasty and stenting treatment
- Cardiac medications, such as blood thinners or anticoagulants and their reversal agents
- Use of technology for early detection of subclinical atrial fibrillation/atrial tachyarrhythmia and device malfunction on patients with cardiac implantable electronic devices
- Medication alternatives for the prevention of atrial fibrillation-related strokes
- Nonsurgical treatment options for aortic stenosis
- Use of innovative device to help in the management of heart failure
Enroll in an active cardiac clinical trial.
If you are interested in participating in a clinical trial, please consult with your physician or contact the Sharp Center for Research at 858-939-7198 or send us an email.
- NCT05003843 - deep vein thrombosis (DVT); sponsored by Penumbra, Inc., study of the Indigo Aspiration System when used in patients with deep vein thrombosis
- NCT04798261 - pulmonary embolism; sponsored by Penumbra, Inc., study of the long-term safety and outcomes of treating pulmonary embolism with the Indigo Aspiration System
Learn more about cardiac clinical trials.
To learn more about clinical trials at Sharp, visit the Sharp Center for Research or send us an email.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in heart care in San Diego.
Dr. Nancy Ly
"The Sharp Experience means delivering the best quality of care to patients with compassion and empathy."
Dr. Gregory Francisco
"The Sharp Experience means a great medical community that puts the patient first."
Dr. Mariusz Wysoczanski
"I deliver excellent and compassionate care to the center of my attention — the patient."
Dr. Ara Klijian
"I provide cutting-edge, compassionate care and treat patients as I would my own family."
Dr. Peter Hoagland
"I care for the complexities of the heart with compassion, understanding and the trained hands of experience."
Dr. Thomas Diggs
"My greatest pleasure comes from the personal interaction I have with patients and their families."
Dr. Steven Rough
"My greatest pride is when I see a patient in my office and they tell me they’re doing better than before."
- Bariatric surgery
- Bariatric surgery seminars
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- Community events
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Online education programs
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Robotic surgery
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp employee online education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp Training Center
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- View category descriptions
Contact Sharp HealthCare
Call 1-800-827-4277 or view our detailed phone directory.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room.
Please do not use this form to convey personal or medical information.
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your SharpCare account number
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs the processing of personal information gathered from individuals while they are in the European Union (EU) and parts of the EEA (European Economic Area, which currently includes Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway).
We are sorry, but we are unable to process your price estimate if you live or are travelling within the EU or affiliated nations.
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.