Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Mental Health Outpatient Programs at Sharp Grossmont
Making the care you need easy.
From anxiety to depression, our expert team at Sharp Grossmont is here to provide the support and treatment you need, in a comfortable and compassionate setting. Our outpatient programs are designed with you in mind — and will help you discover your personal path to recovery.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital Behavioral Health offers five intensive outpatient programs:
Our Bridges program is a psycho-social rehabilitation program for adults with severe mental illness. The focus of this program is on empowering patients to function at their fullest and enhance their quality of life while effectively managing their illness. We utilize Cognitive Behavioral Treatment and skill-based interventions.
- Several tracks are available Monday through Friday afternoons
- This program focuses on stabilization, symptom management, self-advocacy and community integration
- Cognitive behavioral orientation with focus on building social support skills
Dual recovery program.
The Dual Recovery Outpatient Program uses a multidisciplinary approach for mental illness and substance abuse that helps patients develop the functional skills they need to cope with their problems. The program applies a cognitive educational method that integrates psychosocial rehabilitation techniques into a recovery-oriented model. Patients learn how psychiatric symptoms and relapse triggers relate, and are taught self-monitoring and symptom reduction skills.
- Available three days per week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9 am to 12 pm)
- Includes medication monitoring and random drug screening
- This program focuses on abstinence, relapse prevention, emotional regulation and lifestyle balance
- Cognitive behavioral orientation with support for 12-step, SMART and other community self-help options
The Mood Intensive Program is an integrative program using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) designed for adults over 18 years of age, with mood disorders including depression, bipolar disorder and anxiety disorders.
- Two tracks are available Monday through Friday, with morning and afternoon options
- This program focuses on skill development for emotion regulation
- Empirically validated behavioral therapy focused on values identification, mindfulness, acceptance and a range of cognitive strategies
The Senior Mental Health Program is designed for older adults who are 60 years of age or older and have been diagnosed with depression, anxiety or another major psychological disorder. This program empowers patients to manage their psychiatric illness, and give them the opportunity to enjoy life and thrive in the future.
- Two tracks available Monday through Friday mornings
- This program focuses on emotional regulation, positive psychology, self-advocacy and lifestyle balance
- Cognitive behavioral orientation with focus on community support options
Outpatient electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) program.
Our outpatient ECT program is guided by an experienced treatment team of doctors, nurses and anesthesiologists. During ECT — a brief electrical stimulation to the scalp — you will be under the care of a specialized team in our acute-care facility.
For referrals or more information about mental health programs and services at Sharp Grossmont Hospital, please call 619-740-5811.
Offering adult and older adult inpatient psychiatric, partial hospital and outpatient services.
La Mesa, CA 91942