Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns
Your Stay at Sharp Mary Birch
Focusing on your health and safety.
While we cannot offer hospital tours at this time, you can view a virtual tour of what to expect when you arrive at the hospital to have your baby.
Your loved ones are welcome here.
At Sharp Mary Birch, you're in the best possible hands. But we know there's no substitute for the support of a loved one. That's why we go beyond visiting hours, equipping each patient room with a recliner or sofa sleeper — allowing one guest of your choosing to sleep comfortably in your room overnight.
Your overnight guest:
- Will be empowered to learn and participate in your recovery
- Will have access to either a recliner or sleeper sofa, depending upon availability
- Will receive sheets, a blanket, a pillow and a pillowcase
- Must be 18 or over and should not require supervision or physical assistance
- Will have access to vending machines, a gift shop, a cafeteria, an ATM and coffee cart
- Will have access to a wireless connection for your own laptop computer
A dietary host can assist with ordering guest meals for your support person that can be delivered directly to your room. A meal voucher is required and can be purchased for $5 each (cash or check only) at the front desk, on the first floor, Monday through Friday, 5 am to 8 pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 10 am to 4 pm.
Helpful tips for your hospital stay.
Learn more about spending the night at Sharp Mary Birch:
- Browse our list of packing suggestions
- Complete your birth plan
- Prepare for your hospital stay
- Read our guide on preparing for surgery (disable your browser's pop-up blocker in order to view the guide)
- Read our preadmit guide (disable your browser's pop-up blocker in order to view the guide)
During your hospital stay, your meals are provided by Sodexo’s Expressly For You — Personal Service Dining. A dietary host will visit you daily and be your single point of contact for all your dining needs. They will review the daily chef selections and help you with your menu choices at your bedside.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"The Sharp Experience means providing the highest quality of patient-centered care."
"My goal is to care for each person as an individual and provide a unique experience for all."
"I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to provide compassionate care for women of all ages."
"My patients will always have my full attention and I will do my best to help them."
"My goal is to provide the best patient care that I can, encompassing all women's health needs."