Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns
Your Stay at Sharp Mary Birch
Your loved ones are welcome at Sharp.
As a patient at Sharp Mary Birch, you're in the best possible hands. But we know there's no substitute for the support of a loved one. That's why we go beyond visiting hours, equipping each patient room with a recliner or sofa sleeper — allowing one guest of your choosing to sleep comfortably in your room overnight.
Your overnight guest:
- Will be empowered to learn and participate in your recovery
- Will have access to either a recliner or sleeper sofa, depending upon availability
- Will receive sheets, a blanket, a pillow and a pillowcase
- Must be 18 or over and should not require supervision or physical assistance
- Will have access to vending machines, a gift shop, a cafeteria, an ATM and coffee cart
- Will have access to a wireless connection for your own laptop computer
To learn more about spending the night at Sharp Mary Birch, browse our list of packing suggestions. Or, if you're pregnant and would like tips on visiting us, read our guide and learn how you can prepare for your hospital stay. In addition, we offer a helpful guide if you are preparing for surgery. Please disable your browser's pop-up blocker in order to view the guides.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I enjoy the continuity of care with women from adolescence to menopause and beyond."
"I work to provide patients with the opportunity to take an active role in their care with an individualized treatment plan."
"My goal is to care for each person as an individual and provide a unique experience for all."
"I provide excellent care to my patients and their families through the support of an organization dedicated to patient satisfaction."
"My goal is to provide the best patient care that I can, encompassing all women's health needs."
"I realize the importance of children's health and strive to provide high-quality care."