Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns
Your Stay at Sharp Mary Birch
Your loved ones are welcome at Sharp.
As a patient at Sharp Mary Birch, you're in the best possible hands. But we know there's no substitute for the support of a loved one. That's why we go beyond visiting hours, equipping each patient room with a recliner or sofa sleeper — allowing one guest of your choosing to sleep comfortably in your room overnight.
Your overnight guest:
- Will be empowered to learn and participate in your recovery
- Will have access to either a recliner or sleeper sofa, depending upon availability
- Will receive sheets, a blanket, a pillow and a pillowcase
- Must be 18 or over and should not require supervision or physical assistance
- Will have access to vending machines, a gift shop, a cafeteria, an ATM and coffee cart
- Will have access to a wireless connection for your own laptop computer
To learn more about spending the night at Sharp Mary Birch, browse our list of packing suggestions. Or, if you're pregnant and would like tips on visiting us, read our guide and learn how you can prepare for your hospital stay. In addition, we offer a helpful guide if you are preparing for surgery. Please disable your browser's pop-up blocker in order to view the guides.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"My job is to be an advocate for your child's health and, as such, I want to be a trusted resource for parents."
"The thought of helping kids when they cannot express themselves is very compelling."
"I am passionate about women's health and enjoy partnering with my patients in their care to achieve mutually satisfying and exceptional outcomes."
"I take the time to listen to my patients' issues and work with them to find a solution."
"I provide quality gynecological care to women from adolescence to past menopause."
"I work to provide patients with the opportunity to take an active role in their care with an individualized treatment plan."
"My focus is on providing the highest level of patient care while making families comfortable."
"I strive to evaluate the global health of children and to avoid unnecessary medicines."