Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Stroke Center at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
The Stroke Center at Sharp Grossmont Hospital has demonstrated that its stroke care program follows national standards and guidelines that can significantly improve outcomes for stroke patients.
Why choose Sharp Grossmont for stroke care?
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital is recognized with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award and qualified for the Target: Stroke Honor Roll-Elite Plus for its commitment and success in implementing excellent care for stroke patients, according to clinical practice guidelines
- The Joint Commission and American Stroke Association has certified Sharp Grossmont Hospital's Stroke Center as a Primary Stroke Center, signifying that our services meet the critical elements in delivering quality care and achieving long-term success in improving outcomes
- The Stroke Center is one of 14 stroke programs in San Diego County to receive The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval™ for stroke care
- Sharp Grossmont is one of the only hospitals in the San Diego area with a specific unit dedicated to stroke care
- The hospital sees nearly 800 stroke patients each year, with a team of professional stroke-team neurologists on staff to help with their emergency evaluation and treatment