Sharp Memorial Hospital
Sharp Memorial Hospital Stroke Services
The stroke program at Sharp Memorial Hospital treats various patients — including patients visiting the emergency room and those undergoing rehabilitation — using clinically proven therapies to improve their quality of life and help them reach their fullest potential.
Why choose Sharp Memorial's stroke services?
- Established in 1995, the stroke program currently cares for approximately 360 stroke patients each year.
- Sharp Memorial is one of a few hospitals with a dedicated stroke program in San Diego area.
- The hospital is a recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for excellence in stroke care for the seventh consecutive year.
- The Joint Commission has certified Sharp Memorial as a primary stroke center for its exceptional efforts to foster better outcomes for stroke care, committing to a higher standard of service, and meeting the unique and specialized needs of stroke patients.
- Sharp Memorial's Rehabilitation Center is among the first programs in California to be accredited in stroke rehab by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities — signifying the highest level of care available.
- Sharp patients are supported by Sharp Memorial Rehabilitation Center — one of San Diego's leading providers of stroke rehabilitation services.
- We offer around-the-clock 24/7 multidisciplinary stroke care including neurologists, a stroke specialist nurse practitioner, specially trained stroke nurses, rehabilitation, lab and pharmacy services.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in neurology in San Diego.