Sharp Memorial Hospital
Sharp Memorial Hospital Stroke Services
The stroke program at Sharp Memorial Hospital treats various patients — including patients visiting the emergency room and those undergoing rehabilitation — using clinically proven therapies to improve their quality of life and help them reach their fullest potential.
Why choose Sharp Memorial's stroke services?
- Established in 1995, the stroke program currently cares for approximately 360 stroke patients each year.
- Sharp Memorial is one of a few hospitals with a dedicated stroke program in San Diego area.
- The hospital is a recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for excellence in stroke care for the seventh consecutive year.
- The Joint Commission has certified Sharp Memorial as a primary stroke center for its exceptional efforts to foster better outcomes for stroke care, committing to a higher standard of service, and meeting the unique and specialized needs of stroke patients.
- Sharp Memorial's Rehabilitation Center is among the first programs in California to be accredited in stroke rehab by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities — signifying the highest level of care available.
- Sharp patients are supported by Sharp Memorial Rehabilitation Center — one of San Diego's leading providers of stroke rehabilitation services.
- We offer around-the-clock 24/7 multidisciplinary stroke care including neurologists, a stroke specialist nurse practitioner, specially trained stroke nurses, rehabilitation, lab and pharmacy services.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in neurology in San Diego.
"I treat patients as I would want a physician to treat my own friend or family member."
"I believe that as a physician you must treat people as you would want to be treated."