Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns
Sharp Mary Birch Visitor Information
Whether you're visiting a loved one or here as a patient, we can help. What would you like to do?
- Get driving and parking directions
- Contact or visit a patient
- Eat at the cafeteria
- Buy a gift
- Send an e-card
- Thank a caregiver
- View guest resource guide (please be sure to disable your browser's pop-up blocker in order to view the guide)
- Prepare for your hospital stay (please be sure to disable your browser's pop-up blocker in order to view the guide)
How to find us.
We are located at:
3003 Health Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92123
If using public transportation, take the 25/120 bus to Health Center Drive and Frost Street.
Contact or visit a patient.
We have implemented new visitation restrictions in accordance with the County Health Department order.
- Only individuals who are identified as a designated support person (18 and older) may visit. Other loved ones may not visit at this time.
- Laboring patients and NICU patients may have 2 support people; all other patients may have 1 support person.
- Each designated support person must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative laboratory test (official report with CLIA number and testing location; at-home tests are not accepted) within 72 hours before entering for each visit.
- Support persons for laboring patients and NICU parents/guardians are temporarily exempt from this rule until 3 days from their loved one’s hospital admission. After the third day, support persons will need to provide proof of vaccination or negative laboratory testing. The requirement will be in place for the duration of the patient’s hospital stay. If the support person is not vaccinated, a negative laboratory test must be provided every 72 hours.
- Proof of vaccination includes official record card (digital photo or photocopy OK), a state-issued digital record with QR code, or a digital or paper record from the San Diego Immunization Registry.
- Sharp does not provide on-site testing for designated support persons.
- All support persons, regardless of vaccination status, must be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and wear a visitor sticker and approved mask at all times. Support persons will receive a new sticker daily. Please arrive early to allow enough time to be screened at the entrance.
- Support persons must be at least 18 years old. No children are allowed in the facility.
Only two parents or legal guardians with infant identification bands are allowed in the NICU. No siblings are allowed.
Thank you for your understanding and support during this time.
To reach a patient's room, call 858-939-3400 and ask for the patient by name or room number.
Eat with us.
Vending machines are located in the family lounge on the third floor of Sharp Mary Birch.
The Sweet Labors Coffee Cart is located in front of Sharp Mary Birch and is open Monday through Friday, from 6:30 am to 4 pm.
Guest meals are available for purchase from the hospital's Mindful Café through the Grubhub Campus Dining app from 7 am to 7 pm, and are delivered directly to the patient's room. Guest meals through the app allows a support person to order meals and dine in-room with their loved ones. If you are new to Grubhub's Campus Dining, a delivery guide is available in the patient room with step-by-step instructions on how to download the app and place your meal order. Please allow 30 minutes for delivery to the room after the order is placed.
Send a patient an e-card.
If your loved one is staying with us, send a personalized e-card to brighten their day. Your printed message will be hand-delivered within two business days - completely free of charge.
Thank a caregiver.
If you'd like to recognize a Sharp team member who made a difference in your experience, please take a moment to send a note of thanks.
Let us help you.
If you aren't finding what you need, please call us at 858-939-3400.
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I strive to provide individualized patient care that is cost effective and evidence based."
"It's highly gratifying to be able to dedicate 100 percent of my time to patient care."