Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
News and Updates
After decades of planning and since breaking ground in 2016, construction for the new hospital tower at Sharp Chula Vista is just months away from completion. It will be the first new hospital in San Diego's South Bay in more than 40 years.
Offering advanced patient care and including state-of-the-art surgical suites, all private patient rooms, a rooftop cafe and more, the tower will ensure the hospital's continued commitment to providing the exceptional level of care we call The Sharp Experience.
View photos from the topping out and groundbreaking ceremonies below. For copies of photos, please contact Jeanna Vazquez.
- New Sharp Chula Vista Hospital Reaches Halfway Milestone - Nov. 16, 2017
- Sharp Chula Vista Breaks Ground on $244 Million Hospital Tower - Nov. 10, 2016
- Sharp Chula Vista Announces Plans to Build $244 Million New Hospital - Nov. 17, 2015
- Fact sheet
Contact Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center's Public Relations team.
Spanish Media Inquiries
Past media coverage.
- "Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center's New 7-Story Tower Almost Complete", NBC 7 San Diego, June 11, 2019
- Televisa at Sharp Chula Vista's Topping Out Ceremony
- "Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center Breaks Ground on Tower Project", San Diego Business Journal, Nov. 10, 2016
- "Sharp Chula Vista Launches Major Expansion", KPBS, Nov. 8, 2016
- "Sharp to Build $239 Million Hospital Tower", The San Diego Union-Tribune, Nov. 16, 2016