Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
News and Updates
Following the groundbreaking celebration just one year ago, construction at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center reached an exciting milestone on Nov. 16, 2017, as the final structural steel column was placed. After decades of planning, a new hospital is just two years away.
Overall, there are 3,580 pieces of steel used to create the framework for the new hospital, and they weigh nearly 4 tons in total.
To celebrate, Sharp Chula Vista and Sharp HealthCare Foundation held a topping out ceremony where executives, doctors, employees, community members and donors had the chance to leave their mark and sign the beam before it was placed at the top of the tower's frame.
View photos from the topping out and groundbreaking ceremonies below. For copies of photos, please contact Jeanna Vazquez.
- New Sharp Chula Vista Hospital Reaches Halfway Milestone - Nov. 16, 2017
- Sharp Chula Vista Breaks Ground on $244 Million Hospital Tower - Nov. 10, 2016
- Sharp Chula Vista Announces Plans to Build $239 Million New Hospital - Nov. 17, 2015
- Fact sheet
Contact Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center's Public Relations team.
Spanish Media Inquiries
Past media coverage.
- Televisa at Sharp Chula Vista's Topping Out Ceremony
- "Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center Breaks Ground on Tower Project", San Diego Business Journal, Nov. 10, 2016
- "Sharp Chula Vista Launches Major Expansion", KPBS, Nov. 8, 2016
- "Sharp to Build $239 Million Hospital Tower", The San Diego Union-Tribune, Nov. 16, 2016