Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
The New Hospital Tower at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center Fact Sheet
- The new Hospital Tower at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center will be the first new Sharp hospital in San Diego's South Bay in more than 40 years (the current hospital at Sharp Chula Vista opened in May 1975)
- The new Hospital Tower will have a 36-month construction schedule from groundbreaking in November 2016 to move-in in September 2019
- From start to finish, 1,500 construction jobs will be associated with the new tower
- 90 percent of construction labor will be local (San Diego County)
- In preparation for the tower, a 718-space parking garage was built and opened in 2015
- The tower will include seven stories:
-All-private patient rooms designed with safety and privacy as priorities
-Level 1: Kitchen, pharmacy, loading dock, morgue, sterile supply
-Level 2: Lobby, 6 operating rooms (including 1 hybrid OR) and 10 ICU suites
-Level 3-6: Medical-surgical patient rooms (third floor will open as shelled space for patient rooms to be added in the future), central nurse stations, family waiting areas
-Level 7: Rooftop café and indoor/outdoor dining with panoramic ocean views
-Remodel of first and second floors of the existing hospital that will connect it to the new one
- Sharp Chula Vista cares for more than 90,000 patients every year
- Sharp Chula Vista's emergency department is one of the busiest in San Diego County with more than 70,000 visits in fiscal-year 2016
- In 2012, Sharp Chula Vista opened the Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, bringing the most advanced cancer care to the region
- When the new Hospital Tower opens in 2019, Sharp HealthCare will have invested $300 million since 2012 in new health care facilities to better serve the people of the South Bay
- Sharp Chula Vista provides, on average, $60 million in community benefits each year, or $5 million per month
- Sharp HealthCare provides, on average, $350 million in community benefits each year, or nearly $1 million per day
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"My goal is to care for each person as an individual and provide a unique experience for all."
"My goals are to advocate for the patient and to prevent cardiac emergencies by practicing preventive medicine."