Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Building a Next-Generation Hospital Tower at Sharp Chula Vista
The first new hospital in more than 40 years is coming to the South Bay.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center has been providing health care to San Diego's binational community for more than 70 years. Now we are on a journey to go above and beyond — building a next-generation hospital tower and leading the way in advanced medicine.
Meeting the Future: Building a Next-Generation Hospital
As San Diego’s health care leader, Sharp believes in investing in the future. From advanced critical care to high-tech surgical suites, Sharp has committed to building a hospital in the South Bay for the next generation of care.
A view inside.
The new Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center will go above and beyond to deliver groundbreaking treatments and compassionate care. We're excited about all the ways we're growing and expanding, including:
- Redesigned main entrance and lobby
- Quality care in large, private patient rooms
- 10 high-tech intensive care units
- Six new operating rooms, including the South Bay's first hybrid OR, which will be able to shift quickly from a catheterization procedure to surgery
- A unique indoor/outdoor cafe on the hospital's top floor to feature calming panoramic views
- Additional space for support services, including a pharmacy and kitchen
Sharp Chula Vista is proud to partner with Hensel Phelps Construction, AVRP and SmithGroupJJR on building a next-generation hospital.