Bone Marrow Transplant Program
Sharp Memorial Hospital and University of California San Diego (UCSD) Health jointly established a bone marrow transplant program. The UCSD/Sharp Bone Marrow Transplant Program provides a full array of bone marrow transplant services including traditional autologous bone marrow, allogeneic bone marrow transplants and peripheral stem cell transplantation.
Cancers we treat with bone marrow transplant.
- Acute and chronic leukemias
- Severe aplastic anemia
- Multiple myeloma
- Immune deficiency disorders
- Some solid-tumor cancers (in rare circumstances)
Bone marrow transplant services.
The UCSD/Sharp Joint Bone Marrow Transplant Program provides the following bone marrow transplant services:
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplants
- Peripheral stem cell transplantation
- Traditional autologous bone marrow transplants
Why choose Sharp for a bone marrow transplant?
- The UCSD/Sharp Bone Marrow Transplant Program is the largest program of this type in San Diego and one of the largest in California
- One of the 16 charter members of the Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network of the National Institutes of Health
- A leader in clinical oncology research with more than 40 open clinical trials related to cancer treatment at any time
We'll help find the doctor who's right for you.
View doctors specializing in oncology in San Diego.
"I am dedicated to providing exceptional, compassionate cancer care and being an advocate for my patients."
"My goal is to have my patients feel the warmth of my true concern for their health."
"To me, The Sharp Experience means equally giving and receiving a sense of purpose and dignity in patient care."
"My goal is to provide you with information to help guide you through this challenging time."
"I am a firm believer in a holistic, integrative approach to cancer treatment and prevention."