Sharp HealthCare offers surgery for various types of cancer. For some patients, surgery may be the best choice for evaluation and treatment of their cancer. Surgical oncology procedures can be used to obtain tissue samples, confirm diagnosis, identify a specific cancer and determine the extent of the disease.
Surgery is also used to remove malignant and nonmalignant tumors; treat solid tumors like those found in the breast, colon or lung; and correct problems that create discomfort or disability. In addition to traditional surgical procedures, Sharp-affiliated surgeons perform robotic surgery to treat many kinds of cancer.
Cancers we treat with surgery.
Why choose Sharp for cancer surgery?
- Accreditation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer for Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, Sharp Grossmont Hospital and Sharp Memorial Hospital
- First in San Diego to use the da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System, providing less invasive procedures, less pain and faster recovery
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in oncology in San Diego.
"I strive to offer excellent cancer care — either in the office, in the hospital or at home."
"Dedication and friendliness are essential in delivering superior patient care."
"My goal is to have my patients feel the warmth of my true concern for their health."
"The Sharp Experience means patient-centered care combined with state-of-the-art technology."
- Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- Bariatric surgery
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Breast cancer
- Cancer support groups
- Cardiac Training Center
- Childbirth preparation
- Chronic disease management
- City of San Diego employees
- City of San Diego health & wellness workshops
- Community events
- Congestive heart failure
- Continuing education
- CPR and first aid
- Embarazo y parto
- En español
- Financial and health care planning
- Gentle exercise
- Health screenings
- Integrative and complementary medicine
- Kidney transplant
- Men's health
- Mental health
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Newborn and baby care
- Pain management
- Parenting and child development
- Passport to Health City Employee Events
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Prenatal hospital tours
- Robotic surgery
- Seniors and aging
- Sharp Chula Vista employees
- Sharp Coronado employees
- Sharp employee education
- Sharp Grossmont employees
- Sharp Metro employees
- Sharp-Rees Stealy employees
- Smoking cessation
- Strength training
- Stress management
- Weight management
- Women's care
- Yoga and pilates
- View category descriptions
These important numbers are located on your billing statement.
Find your Sharp Rees-Stealy account number
Find your Sharp hospital account number
Find your SharpCare account number
Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. If possible, please provide the current procedure terminology (CPT) code, which can be found on the order from your doctor.
If you cannot provide the CPT code, please contact your doctor's office for the CPT or a detailed description of services.