Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Preparing to Leave Sharp Grossmont Hospital
We're here to help you from check-in to discharge.
Once your doctor determines that you may leave the hospital, he or she will write an order requesting your discharge. Your care team will then prepare you to leave the hospital. This may take some time, based on your discharge needs and/or arrangements.
Your discharge plan may include how to take care of wound dressings, what medications to take and your physical activity level at home. Before you leave, be sure you understand that you may have some limitations. You should also know whether you will need special care, assistance or equipment following your hospital stay.
Time to check out?
Hospital checkout time is 11 am. Please plan your transportation home in advance. If you have secured valuables in the Patient Relations Department, please notify your nurse so you may obtain them before your discharge. A staff member or volunteer will accompany your to the main lobby. We ask that you adhere to the 11 am checkout time so that we may turn over the room for other patients.
When you're ready to leave.
- Arrange for transportation
- Collect your personal belongings
- Discuss with your nurse any prescriptions that you may need to fill and any medication you will need after leaving the hospital
- Discuss with your nurse how to take care of yourself as you recover
- Know what appointments and tests you will need after you leave the hospital
- Make sure you have all of the medical equipment you need
- Talk to your nurse or doctor about the level of assistance you will need after leaving the hospital
- Write down the names and telephone numbers of the care team members you should contact if you have questions or problems
If you have questions regarding your discharge instructions, please ask your doctor or nurse prior to leaving the hospital.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"Life is an extraordinary gift and physicians have an opportunity to improve everyone's quality of life."
"I find it gratifying to be able to assist my patients in achieving optimal health."
"The Sharp Experience means compassionate care and the latest medical technology for quality outcomes."
"Nothing compares with the joy of assisting during the birth of a child. It's an honor to share such an important part of a patient's life."
"My patient care philosophy is to empower and educate parents so they feel comfortable and confident with their child."
"I focus on preventive measures, as it is the best way to keep kids healthy and happy."