Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Spiritual Care Services at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Sharp Grossmont Hospital offers spiritual care services through a ministry of presence, companionship and willingness to listen to people celebrate their joys, share their sadness, confront their fears of illness, and help them experience and draw upon their spiritual resources to create a sense of wholeness and well-being.
Our chaplains are clergy or specially trained lay men and women who understand the relationship between faith and illness and the concerns that can arise in a hospital setting. As part of the integrated health care team, chaplains work to promote harmony and healing of mind, body and spirit. Chaplains are of all faiths and denominations and can assist with special requests for services from a specific faith group.
Spiritual care support and services.
We offer the following services with respect for the diverse multicultural and multifaith needs:
- Baby Blessing Program
- Daily communion from Eucharistic ministers
- Ministry to the staff on a personal and professional level
- Remembrance Services twice a year
- Rituals and sacraments to spiritually connect patients, families and staff
- Spiritual care and support for patients and families
- Spiritual resources: bibles and devotional materials
- Support for those who have experienced a loss
- The 11th Hour Program provides compassionate care and companionship to patients during the final hours of life
- Emergency calls: call the operator
- Every day (in-house): 8 am to 8 pm
- On call: after 8:30 pm
Center for Spiritual Care and Interfaith Chapel location.
The Center for Spiritual Care and Interfaith Chapel is located on the first floor of the main hospital near the lobby. The chapel is open 24 hours a day. We welcome all staff, patients and visitors.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I receive immense personal satisfaction by assisting patients toward leading healthy and pain-free lives."
"My mission is to provide the newest technology and medical advances in female care."
"My goal is to provide you with information to help guide you through this challenging time."
"My goal is to determine what treatment is most appropriate for each individual patient."
"My goal is to provide my patients with an exceptional experience by exceeding their expectations."